Compare and Contrast
It seems that MSNBC has taken swift action against one of it’s liberal stars for donating to three Democrats in the recent midterm campaign cycle.
Keith Olbermann SUSPENDED From MSNBC Indefinitely Without Pay
The major crime, it appears, is not requesting permission from NBC brass before doing so.
Over at another cable outlet, one that pretends to be “balance” for the super biased liberal media, standards are different.
Let’s take a look at the journalistic ethics of Fox News:
- Allowed Glenn Beck to attend, host and promote Tea Parties across the nation
- News Corp donated $1 million to the Republican Governors Association
- Fox News sponsored several Tea Parties, providing millions in free advertising
- Fox “reporters” at the anti-Democrat protests were caught stage-managing the crowds to push a particular message
- The cable outlet coordinated attacks on specific Obama Administration employees by fabricating false stories (Media Matters has a nice summation, “2009: A Year of Fox News Political Activism”
- The Media Matters piece also mentions that they allowed sleaze operative Dick Morris to raise money on air.
- In coordination with lie-merchant Andrew Breitbart, Fox launched a sustained campaign of falsehoods and misinformation about ACORN
Anyway, you get the idea.
By the way, Fox personalities regularly make appearances to pump up the conservative base and donate money to conservative candidates like clockwork.
I’m counting down to hear the snickers and feigned outrage from the right. And I’m also sighing and rolling my eyes in advance of hearing:
“MSNBC is exactly like Fox!”
No it isn’t. Not even a little bit.
- Keith Olbermann Suspended From MSNBC Over Political Donations (lezgetreal.com)
- Olbermann contributed to three Dems (politico.com)
- Olbermann’s checkbook (washingtonmonthly.com)
No comments yet.
- Campaign Finance
- Civil Rights
- Fox News
- Health Care
- Health Care Reform
- Media Criticism
- Presidential Campaign
- Tax Debate
- Tea Party
- Wall Street